Comcast Director, Maintenance, HFC Network in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the direction and planning of the Network Maintenance department, which includes responsibility for the overall performance and reliability of the outside plant network. Establishes procedures, performance standards, and best practices. Develops strategic direction of the department. Establishes goals, plans calendar, develops budget, plans and oversees projects, and ensures personnel is in compliance with Company and federal safety and employment regulations. Develops and mentors staff. Participates in work performance reviews.
- Maintain the highest degree of plant reliability by minimizing network downtime
- Ensure the accuracy of network documentation
- Promote a culture that builds strong teams with high morale and engagement
- Successfully manage productivity of the team and maximize operational efficiencies
- Champion a safe workplace by managing an effective safety program
- Ensure all work is completed to Comcast Engineering standards
- Build strong cross functional relationships within the Region and Division
- Ensures proper resources are available for the training and continued education of Network Maintenance Technicians and management. Advises on all maintenance activities, proper work methods, quality standards, and equipment.
- Plans department calendar and creates operational and performance goals. Communicates activities and goals to management.
- Establishes department safety regulations and ensures that they are in adherence to federal (OSHA) safety regulations.
- Keeps safety and training manuals updated. Adds provisions as necessary and works with Human Resources and Legal on verbiage.
- Creates and advocates performance standards and guidelines for field operations. Monitors ongoing work safety programs in compliance with OSHA standards. Promotes safety awareness (and OSHA regulations) in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Develops and is accountable for adhering to department budget.
- Facilitates the proper completion of all scheduled or on-demand service or maintenance work.
- Resolves Network Maintenance department operational issues. Communicates department changes and updates with appropriate Executives and Managers, as required.
- Makes changes and updates in policies, procedures, and best practices using recommendations and knowledge of advances and changes in Network Maintenance technology and services.
- Develops and mentors staff and monitors to ensure work performance meets Company standards. Participates in work performance reviews.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer