Schneider National, Inc. Driver - Intermodal Truck Driver - Class A CDL in Houston, Texas
Intermodal Truck Driver | $2,500 Sign-on Bonus | 3 Weeks Out & 5 Days Home | Southwest-161980
Truck drivers earn up to $70,000 per year* in this Regional Intermodal CDL driving position. Intermodal truckers haul 90% no-touch freight containers in and out of the rail yards within the 48 states. In fact, a truck driver's week begins and ends at the rail yard. Start your trucking career!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Full-time CDL truck drivers are eligible for:
- Up to $70,000 per year*
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Performance bonuses and rewards program
- Paid orientation
- Paid miles based on PC Miler
- Online truck driver pay statements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid time off
- 65% drop-and-hook freight
- Mobile communications platform - The latest in-truck technology with paperless logging, GPS navigation, web browsing, text-to-voice features, a color touch screen and a pull-out keypad
- Access to company facilities with free and safe parking for truck drivers
- On-site leadership, dispatch and maintenance
- Schneider Smart Savings Discount program with partner companies such as GM, Chrysler, Whirlpool, LeHigh Safety Shoe and many more
- EFS cards for fuel purchase reimbursement and payroll management
- Unlimited CDL driver referral bonuses
- Military Apprenticeship Program - U.S. military veterans, Guard members and Reservists may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
*Based on CDL driver experience and location
Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Minimum 3 months of Class A truck driving experience
- Hazmat endorsement required within 30 days of hire as a CDL driver
- Tanker endorsement required within 60 days of hire as a CDL driver
- Must be willing to fly out
More Reasons Truckers Choose Schneider Intermodal
You'll never have to worry about having enough freight with Schneider. Our freight base includes Fortune 500 companies and some of the world's largest retailers. Wherever you drive, whatever you haul, Schneider has the freight to keep you moving year-round.
Our Intermodal drivers get the best of the best. We've added hundreds of new tractors, thousands of new containers and purchased a brand new chassis fleet.
The equipment is top of the line. I don't know how you can work for a company like this and not want to do your very best, because they're giving you their very best.€ - Perry and Cheryl McGauvran
Join one of the top trucking companies in Texas. Call 800-447-7433 for more information!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 2500