Shell Houston Technical Lead (Houston, TX) in Houston, Texas
Auto req ID 49094BR
Job Title Houston Technical Lead (Houston, TX)
Country of Work Location United States
City, State (if applicable) Houston, TX
Work Location Houston - One Thousand Main
Company Description Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Houston Technical Lead is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
This position has the following accountabilities:
· Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
· Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
· Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
· Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
· Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
· Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
· Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
· Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
· Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
· Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
· Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
Minimum of four (4+) years of corporate IT experience
Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum 4 years of working experience with Openlink Endur and/or Trading business experience.
Knowledge of Trading deal entry, scheduling, and risk control processes.
Agile project delivery experience.
Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modeling.
Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions.
Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
Experience analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
Lean Practitioner training and experience are an asset.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell/Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Removal Date 02-Sep-2017