Waste Management PeopleSoft Financial Technical Analyst in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Waste Management is seeking a PeopleSoft Financials Technical Analyst to join our WMSC Technology Solutions organization at our downtown Houston, TX, location. This energetic individual contributor administers, analyzes, and/or supports production operations for PeopleSoft General Ledger and Asset Management modules and provides technical direction and recommendations to improve utilization. Individual is responsible for combining technical expertise with accounting and business acumen to conduct business process and requirements analysis, solution assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy. In this role, you will serve as a technology partner with Waste Management business sponsors in defining effective solutions to business needs using technology.
Further, individual will identify, document & manage business requirements, specifications, business processes changes and recommendations related to the proposed solution via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, use cases and user stories.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by department.
- Ensures monthly financial close milestones are executed in a timely manner.
- Works to ensure user satisfaction through ability to track, diagnose, replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve functional and technical issues.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and evaluates information systems operations and provides technical direction and recommendations to improve utilization.
- Acts as a liaison between internal and external user communities.
- May act as team leader on projects. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for the team. Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Conducts training for, and directs the efforts of, end users, outside vendors and less experienced staff.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, MIS or similar area of study, and five to eight years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: CPA
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
May require in depth skills in one or more of the following: software support, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office Programs, enterprise systems management, custom queries, reporting and document control, communication and project management skills.
- 5 years as a business analyst leading and developing requirements for PeopleSoft Finance or Supply Chain modules including, General Ledger (required), Asset Management, Travel & Expenses, Accounts Payable, Project Costing, Order Management, Purchasing, Workflow and/or eProcurement.
- Ability to read and understand PeopleSoft tools, such as SQL, PeopleCode Application Engine and Integration Broker
- Familiar with the data flow related to external data interfaces with a base understanding of the key data required for interfacing to the module of expertise
- Proficient with Technical Documentation, including business requirements, functional specifications, support documentation, user guides, workflow processes and test cases
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with business partners, project team members and senior management.
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong organization skills, ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated analytical and qualitative abilities
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and able to undertake a wide variety of challenging
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: PeopleSoft Financial Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: 17007725