Northwell Health Physical Therapist -Acute Care in Huntington, New York
Req Number 001ALE
Job Category Physical/Occupational Therapy
As a Physical Therapist you will evaluate and treat patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases using physical, chemical and mechanical means in accordance with the written and signed prescription and/or referral of a state licensed physician or authorized practitioner. Maintain complete medical records for each patient.
• Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner.
• Utilizes appropriate evaluation techniques with efficiency and thoroughness.
• Designs a treatment program to achieve established goals.
• Makes accurate observations of patient tolerance and/or status during treatment and demonstrates the ability to modify a treatment program as needed.
• Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care, when necessary.
• Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department.
• Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
• Attends family meetings/conferences and interacts with members of the inter-disciplinary staff pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy, required. Master’s/Doctorate Degree, preferred.
Must be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist in New York State.OR must have a valid permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of employment.
Acute Care Experience, preferred
Weekday and Weekend availability preferred