AECOM Procurement Specialist in Huntsville, Alabama
Business Line Government
Position Title Procurement Specialist
United States of America - Alabama
Purpose and Scope:
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising.
1) Reviews requisitions and negotiates within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
2) Obtains material from supplier at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
3) Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
4) Prepares orders and follows up on orders to expedite delivery and shipment. Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against order. Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
5) Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
6) Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, or performance.
7) Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
8) Approves invoices for payment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience. Must have computer skills and database knowledge. Individual must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and with systems such as Deltek Costpoint and Maximo preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Procurement
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 162880BR