HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) CV Obs Prep & Recovery - part time days in Independence, Missouri
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiovascular Prep & Recovery – part time days
Centerpoint Medical Center features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following: * Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services * An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services * Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine * An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator * Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries * Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit * Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
* Provides direct patient care to the adult patient population.
* Prepares patient for and recovers patient after cardiovascular and radiology diagnostic and interventional procedures performed in the CV Lab, administers medications and performs procedural documentation for all patients while in the CV Prep and Recovery unit, administers conscious sedation to patients undergoing transesophageal echo procedures and monitors patients undergoing cardiac stress tests, tilt table tests and cardioversions.
* Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the procedure preparation and recovery environment.
* Communicates with the physician and patient family as needed about patient condition.
* Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. * Participates in departmental performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities. * Hours are 7am-3:30pm (two days per week – flexible with days) * RN Stress Testing experience and ECG interpretation experience desired.
* Graduate from a school of nursing
* Must hold a current license from the Missouri Board of Nursing.
* BLS and ACLS required.
* CCRN credential preferred upon hire, strongly encouraged within 24 months of hire. * 1-2 years of previous catheterization lab, EP lab, CV Prep & Recovery unit, ICU, Progressive Care Unit or ED experience.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) CV Obs Prep & Recovery - part time days
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-47667