AECOM Air Traffic Control Specialist Tower, Lead - RSS II in Indian Springs, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Air Traffic Control Specialist Tower, Lead - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Provides work direction and operational oversight to assigned Air Traffic Control Specialist personnel. Functioning in an airfield tower facility, Tower Controllers are responsible for issuing clearances and traffic information to aircraft landing, departing or operating within the airport traffic area. Receives and transmits flight plans, meteorological, navigational, and other information in air traffic control station to perform preflight and emergency service for airplane pilots, accepts flight plans from pilots in person or by telephone and reviews them for completeness.
1) Routes plans for operating under instrument flight rules to control center and for operating under visual flight rules to station in vicinity of destination airport, using radio, teletype, radiotelephone, radiotelegraph, telephone, or interphone, and provides meteorological, navigational, and other information to pilots during flight, using radio.
2) Relays traffic control and other instructions concerned with aircraft safety to pilots, radios such information as identifying landmarks, beacons and available landing fields to pilots in flight, maintains file of plans for operating under visual flight rules until completion of flight, and contacts facilities along route of flight to secure information on overdue aircraft.
3) Reports lost aircraft to control center for rescue or local emergency services, monitors such radio aids to navigation as range stations, fan markers and voice communication facilities, and notifies air personnel of availability of these facilities, and maintains written records of messages transmitted and received.
4) Reports lost aircraft to control center for rescue or local emergency services, monitors such radio aids to navigation as range stations, fan markers and voice communication facilities, and notifies air personnel of availability of these facilities, and maintains written records of messages transmitted and received.
5) Have knowledge of performance characteristics of a wide variety of aircraft, aircraft separation standards and the skill and ability to keep air traffic properly separated on the runway and in the air.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent ad completion of an accredited military or FAA Airfield Management/Flight Service school or program. Possess three (3) years’ experience in an airport management field at a civilian or military Flight Service installation. Prior experience in a lead capacity is desired. Possess knowledge of Air Force, DoD and FAA flight directives. Must have working knowledge of computerized electronic radar display systems, communications systems, and civilian and military aircraft operational characteristics. Possess and maintain a government Top Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license. Position may require routine travel, occasional overnight stays and shift work assignments. .
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical airfield station, tower or terminal office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds. Constant sitting while using the computer terminal, ability to discern all colors of the spectrum (must not be color-blind), constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163557BR