HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Case Management - Registered Nurse RN in Inverness, Florida
Citrus Memorial Hospital was founded in 1957 as the area’s first healthcare institution for residents in Citrus and surrounding counties. Over the years, Citrus Memorial has seen a lot of growth. What started as a small hospital began to grow in the 1970s when a bed tower was added to the facility. After that addition, a boom began. A second bed tower, medical office building and primary care offices throughout the county were built. Two walk-in clinics, multiple rehabilitation centers and several laboratory collection centers later – Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community.
The Director of Case Management demonstrates twenty four hour responsibility and accountability in ensuring case management process is initiated effectively across the organization, and patients receive the appropriate level of care across the continuum.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/and performance of equipment, physical space, and training and education of staff.
* Ensures delivery of high quality services and contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Works collaboratively with internal and external resources and agencies, physicians and all members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting stakeholder needs and organizational goals.
* Coordinates assessment of appropriate utilization of services, ensuring intervention as needed. Analyzes utilization data, identifies patterns and trends, and ensures information flow to appropriate committees.
* Ensures patient case management plans are developed, implemented and evaluated in a timely manner in collaboration with attending physician. * Shares pertinent patient information with physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning as appropriate.
* Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services through assessment, measuring, and monitoring of case management processes and systems.
* Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and ensures all regulatory and accrediting agencies requirements are met.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
* Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Ensures department responds to all service requests in a timely and accurate manner. Willingly assists physicians, patients and members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in ensuring department supports physician need to operate in multiple work environments and ease in accessing and utilizing services.
* Actively supports facility community efforts; represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
* Acts as an expert resource to senior leadership, department managers, physicians and all members of the healthcare team regarding case management practice, process and services.
* Models, fosters, and promotes a Service Excellence culture. Assumes responsibility and accountability for departmental implementation, execution, and practice of service excellence. * Contributes to financial goals of organization by ensuring the monitoring and utilization of healthcare resources to achieve desired patient outcomes, decrease length of stay, and resource utilization.
* Demonstrates accountability for achieving global case management and resource utilization goals consistent with departmental and hospital objectives. * Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses staff assignment and work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
* Actively monitors budget and evaluates expenditures on regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget.
* Optimizes use of supplies, equipment, and services ensuring a high level of clinical care or services. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
* Provides leadership of the Case Management function, clinical services and programs. Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services. Demonstrates accountability for maintaining and monitoring utilization of resources, department protocols, standards, policies, and practices.
* Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff.
* Provides leadership in effectively managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change. Encourages risk taking; fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
* Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for orienting new staff to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
* Works collaboratively with community leaders to develop healthcare resources that facilitate a safe and effective discharge plan for all patients. * Demonstrates personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Bloodborne pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety.
Education: Completion of RN Diploma program or related health care program from accredited program, college or university. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Four to five years previous Case Management experience in the acute care hospital setting; two years in a management role. Must possess current Florida State RN licensure.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Case Management - Registered Nurse RN
Location: Florida-Inverness-Citrus Memorial Hospital
Requisition ID: 26670-1812