HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist II PRN in Inverness, Florida
Medical Technologist II - Citrus Memorial Hospital
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Citrus. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
Job Duties: * Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements. Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. * Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. * Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities. Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women’s services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required in all areas of Lab preferred, at least 3 areas of the lab is required
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Blood Bank experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Title: Medical Technologist II PRN
Location: Florida-Inverness-Citrus Memorial Hospital
Requisition ID: 26598-1068