HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Employer Broker Relations in Irving, Texas
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
*JOB SUMMARY *
This positions works in Dallas, TX and is under the direction of the SVP of Physician & Provider Relations and in conjunction with the Vice President of Payer Contracting & Alignment and the Division Leadership. The position is responsible for employer networking, insurance broker and consultant relations, and supporting the ability of insurance partners to market North Texas Division facilities.
- Responsible for supporting sales/marketing activities of partner insurance plans, networking with employers, and establishing broker relationships.
- Accountable for development of new business through local target employers, insurance brokers, and partner insurance plans.
- Conduct presentations, hospital site visits, and prepare and distribute marketing materials.
- Ability to lead sales presentations, including both development of material and polished presentation skills.
- Works with HCA North Texas Division leadership to develop appropriate messages for all internal and external audiences.
- Distributes hospital and managed care communications to target audiences (external and internal).
- Communicates and updates objectives, issues, and strategies with division leadership on a regular basis.
- Maintains positive relationship with hospital leadership and supports facility’s annual growth objectives.
- Supports joint marketing activities with partner insurance plans in association with open enrollment periods, sales, issue management, etc.
- Tracks sales and membership results of insurance plans and reports trends to Division and hospital administration.
- Represents facilites in marketing/sales presentations to health plans, brokers, and local employers.
- Maintains target employer list, including tracking health plan selections, enrollment, and broker affiliation via centralized database.
- Maintains a positive working relationship and image for facilites with brokers, all insurance plans, and employers in the community and surrounding areas.
- Works independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex projects and multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and related issues.
- Ability to write and communicate verbally in a concise and convincing manner; excellent proof-reading skills
- Maintains warm, sensitive and cooperative relationships with brokers, insurance plans, co-workers, other employees, administration, medical staff, etc.
- Completes continuing education, in-service training, technical updates and other activities to assure continued competency.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
College Graduate Required Undergrad Bachelor’s degree in either business, marketing, public relations, health administration or a related field required
5 Plus Years of Experience Five years previous experience in business development, marketing or sales of healthcare benefits or benefit consulting services preferred. Experience in working with large employers and an understanding of the healthcare industry preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Health Insurance Broker’s License preferred Must be willing to travel as minimal travel is required
#LI-PT1 INDKD #CB
Title: Director Employer Broker Relations
Location: Texas-Irving-North Texas Division Office
Requisition ID: 10201-21742