Eaton Corporation Senior Sales Engineer in Jacksonville, Florida
Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for a Senior Sales Engineer. The position is located in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary function of the Senior Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
Other Essential Functions Include:
Providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, contractors, end users and Electrical Group personnel; provide timely and accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management, and ensuring that accurate information flows to market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs preference and buying habits; support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked; and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
1) accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support; 2) communication with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution; 3) collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits; 4) review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications; 5) provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution; 6) awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions; 7) plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals; and 8) prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
Position Criteria Include:
• Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
• Time management, presentation, and planning skills
• Commands knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
• Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
• Skilled in Bidmanager and Vista
• Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
• Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in electrical industry
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3 years’ experience in electrical industry sales
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time