Bank of America MAA Portfolio Specialist in Jersey City, New Jersey
Managed Account Advisors (MAA) Investment Consulting team provides investment insight and portfolio construction guidance to advisors on strategies implemented through Merrill Lynch’s Investment advisory Platform. With a keen focus on risk, the Investment Consulting Team delivers an institutional level consultation in support of manager selection and portfolio construction with advisors prospective/existing clients. The team is anchored to the Merrill Lynch Chief Investment Office Asset Allocation outlook and selects from a product set of Separately Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds, and ETFs to construct custom portfolios that align to the risk/return objectives of clients with assets in excess of $25m. Additional responsibilities include relationship and business strategy management. Candidates must have a roll up their sleeves mentality and ability to collaborate with multiple verticals within Merrill Lynch.
· Provides financial advisors, prospective/existing clients with ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process, and performance of strategies offered through Managed Account Advisors
· Serves as the primary investment contact for 3rd Party investment managers within the firm
· Participates in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers
· Work closely with Centers of Influence to execute business efforts
· Has a key role in new business efforts (e.g., conference calls, finals presentations, meetings)
· Instrumental in providing insight into marketing collateral for Financial Advisors
· Understanding of the investment business and the firm’s products and services
· Capable of troubleshooting and solving the most complex problems
5+ years investment industry experience (with MBA)
Ability to articulate market outlook and comfortably discuss market conditions
Entrepreneurial spirit/can work independently
Public presentation skills
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding attention to detail
Current 66 (or 63/65) license highly desired or must receive within 120 days of start.
Experience with Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Bloomberg, PSN preferred
Bachelor’s degree Required, prefer advanced degree
CIMA highly preferred
Posting Date : 10/10/2017
Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.