Brinks CDL Driver in JFK Airport, New York
Requisition #:18930Location:JFK Airport NY - US Global Svs - B0252
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a armed Commercial Driver – CDL B License for our JFK Airport facility in Springfield Gardens NY.
The Commercial Driver is responsible for safely driving/controlling the Brink’s vehicles to and from various customer pick-up and delivery locations. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers. The CDL Driver B operates in an armed secured environment and must be diligent at all times to protect not only our customers liability but themselves, their colleagues and the public at large when making deliveries/pick ups.
• Maintain the safety, security and control of the armored vehicle at all times
• Guard the Messenger during the actual delivery or pick up of valuables at a customer’s location
• Maintain radio communication with the Messenger and/or other vehicle crew and with dispatch personnel
• Load and unload the armored vehicle
• Report all faults experienced during the day’s activity
• Complete appropriate driving route documentation
• Ensure overall cleanliness of the vehicle’s interior
• Provide high level of customer service to BGS customers and clients at all times,
• Assist the location Sort Operation as necessary in the movement of liability and other secured valuables from the facility to the vehicles and back.
• Ensure that all DOT regulations are maintained and followed as well as all traffic regulations and relative guidelines.
• Minimum 1 year of experience as a commercial driver
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License
• Be at least 21 years of age
• A currently valid driver’s license
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• Prior experience in freight forwarding / logistics in a secured armed environment
• Experience working closely with customers in the field and supporting a dynamic customer service platform
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with MicroSoft Office applications
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Collaborative work style
• Good ethics and integrity Professional, positive demeanor.
• Excellent customer service.
• Collaborative work style.
• Good ethics and integrity.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Analytical problem solving.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services U.S. Inc. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employees medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top