Waste Management Field Maintenance Mgr - Rcycl in Kansas City, Kansas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
In partnership with Field, Corp and Area leadership, responsible for delivering industry leading maintenance performance and asset utilization. Responsible for delivering excellence in cost, plant and vehicle availability, asset utilization, shop productivity management & performance improvements and maintenance compliance. Works with Field, Corp and Area Leadership to implement WM Recycling Maintenance strategy, WM standard processes and best-in-class supplier relationships.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Maintenance Operations Performance
- Responsible for delivering maintenance performance that meets or exceeds the needs of the business.
- Responsible for developing and delivering high performance maintenance operations through implementation of WM standards, Plant Maintenance Manager and Technician training, best practice application, audit and compliance to WM and regulatory standards.
- Audits and reports performance at the Plant and Area to Leadership team and coaches Plant leadership in the creation of action plans to improve performance of low performing shop(s).
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with WM maintenance and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance and operations of all plant equipment.
- Works with Area and Plant management on cost studies for equipment and facilities to reduce operating costs. Analyzes cost studies of proposals for new facilities and equipment designed to reduce operating costs. Assist with managing of small projects.
Utilization/Asset Management Performance
- Responsible for delivering year-over-year ROIC improvement, through working in partnership with Field Recycling Operations Director, Recycling Maintenance Director, Fleet and HE Leadership to increase asset utilization and optimize capital planning for the Field.
- Responsible for effective relocation and disposition of assets.
- Works in partnership with Engineering, Fleet and HE on effective acquisition of assets.
- Working relationship with equipment manufactures to deliver optimum equipment performance, maintenance and cost.
- Responsible for acting as an Advisor to Field and Area Leadership in planning of maintenance budgets, shop and equipment related capital projects, and Plant Management hiring and development.
- The Field Recycling Maintenance Manager is responsible for being a WM leader in cost, productivity management and improvement strategies, knowledge of the equipment and techniques that drive profitability. This focus will include all aspects of the recycling business touched by maintenance.
- Act as an advisor to Field and Area leadership for business opportunities/issues, as requested by Field Leadership.
- Responsible for review and advisement of assigned technology initiatives and process improvement projects to drive improved equipment performance or shop productivity.
- Responsible for implementation and on-going management of Plant Maintenance Managers personal development and succession planning.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Experience: Ten years of prior plant/military maintenance management experience and three years of prior work experience leading management employees.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Plant maintenance management experience and supervisory/management skills required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; organizational and political savvy
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Ability to coach others to improved performance
- Strong project management skills; working knowledge of group infrastructure
- Experience in leading/motivating large, diverse workforce; must be able to build camaraderie/trust
- OSHA Training
- Electrical, Hydraulic, PLC and fabrication knowledge and experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Field Maintenance Mgr - Rcycl
Location: Kansas-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 17017088