HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Access Center Coordinator Transfer Center FT Days (Overland Park, KS) in Kansas City, Missouri
_Research Psychiatric Center _ _ _ _Access Center Coordinator – Transfer Center – Overland Park, KS _
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Psychiatric Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses.
This a brand new state of the art technology Transfer Center in Overland Park, KS. Using our In-Touch technology, we provide emergency triage and crisis assessment to determine, and co-facilitate, the required plan of care to ensure optimal safety and patient outcomes across the age and mental health disease spectrum. Our assessments may be conducted in emergency room settings, and other locations, and by tele-assessment.
The Access Center Coordinator responds to phone calls, fax, and e-mail requests for information, admission, transfer, and other non-clinical information. This role supports that clinical assessment team by assuring rapid response to requests for services.
- Responds to phone calls quickly demonstrating good customer service skills in a professional and accountable manner
- Gathers initial information which is communicated to the clinicians for assessment and next steps.
- Helps to locate available resources and coordinates information to support patient disposition.
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient response inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process.
- Tracks and reports on all key indicators related to calls, assessment, admissions.
- Gathers information and develops reports outlining activities as directed including volume, response time, and outcomes.
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
_Qualifications:_ * High school diploma or GED equivalency required, BA degree preferred * Certification as an EMT or Paramedic preferred * Two years of experience working in behavioral health, customer service, or related field * Prefer experience working in a call center environment or similar fast-paced multi-task work environment * Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills * Knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods helpful * Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks * Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action as well as ability to function calmly in stressful situations * Demonstrates ability to prioritize based on department goals and objectives * Ability to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions * Able to use multiple means of technology to complete job functions * Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment
Title: Access Center Coordinator Transfer Center FT Days (Overland Park, KS)
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Psychiatric Center
Requisition ID: 09727-48044