HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Material Handler PRN in Kaysville, Utah
T he Material Handler can be responsible for processing the receipt of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, as well as processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse. The Material Handler can be responsible for replenishing product that has been receivedinto its assigned stocking location.The Material Handler can be responsible for processing, picking, packing,staging, and shipping of all customer orders. Inventory accuracyis the job of all warehouse associates.
SUPERVISOR – Warehousing & Logistics Manager or Warehouse Shift Supervisor
SUPERVISES – N/A
DUTIES INCLUDEBUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Receive and check‐in all product and equipment by packingslip and purchase order. · Process outboundcross‐dock freightas necessary. · Document all receiving via computer or control log. · Help directthe workflow in the receiving area, setting priorities and meeting deadlines for the receiving function. · Unload returned totesand returned product from trucks. · Perform put away of items to storagelocations. · Replenishment of picking locations. · Assist purchasing personnel or accountspayable in researching receiving discrepancies. · Process, pick, pack, and stage customer orders. · Prepare goods and shipping documents for outgoing shipments. · Load palletized shipments onto outbound vehicles. · Ship and log all outbound shipments. · Keep receiving area, warehouse shelves and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions. · Maintain cleanliness and organization of warehouse storage areas. · Maintain effective communication with customers, co‐workers, and other team members. · Maintain material handling equipment and reportany potential problems. · Advise warehouse supervisor of out‐of‐stockitems upon discovery. · Ensure all shipments are labeled correctly. · Restock receivedproduct into warehouse assigned stocking locations. · Perform cycle counting as required. · Meet all department mandated timeframes and deadlines. · Rotate inventory stock. · Perform physical inventory counts during semi‐annual inventory. · Perform other duties as assigned. · Follow all safetypolicies and procedures.
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct”philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &ABILITIES:
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely · Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long‐term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations · Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties · PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required · Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems · Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately · Technical skills – able to operate a fork lift vehicleand a motorized pallet jack
· High SchoolDiploma or GED required
· Previous warehousing experience preferred · Prior computer experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Must be able to stand and walk for long periodsof time. Requires ability to push and pull a varietyof carts and material handlingequipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers.Must be able to hear,see, and communicate through written and verbal means.Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Materials Management Supply Chain & Logistics
Title: Material Handler PRN
Location: Utah-Kaysville-Supply Chain - Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 08754-13626