Waste Management Contract Compliance and Legal Administrator in Kirkland, Washington
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position will involve supporting Waste Management’s Public Sector Solutions (PSS) team and its in-house legal counsel. The Contract Compliance Administrator (CCA) will be an integral member of the Public Sector Solutions (PSS) team tasked with ensuring Waste Management complies with all aspects of our municipal contracts, government contracts and State and County regulations. The CCA position works across functional areas within PSS and operations to assess the current state of compliance, as well as to make recommendations for improvements. CCAs interact with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and questions, while monitoring and engaging all aspects of compliance.
In the shared role as the Legal Department Administrative Assistant, this position will provide administrative and project support to WMs Senior Legal Counsel, including management of the local Legal Department files, research, and special project work.
This position takes on a variety of special projects as initiated or assigned.
- Manage all aspects of government contracts to ensure proper documentation, service, reporting, billing and other requirements of such contracts.
- Monitors government contract performance for compliance to terms and conditions and remedies non-compliance issues.
- Ensures compliance and stays abreast of all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Area’s municipal operations, and adherence to overall Corporate governance and business integrity standards.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets contract data requests.
- Provides support as needed on customer service interface system, to maintain accuracy of information through contract research.
- Work in cross-functional teams to resolve noncompliance issues and address audit findings. Drive innovative solutions and legal compliance.
- Provide oversight and general support for SalesForce.com usage in Public Sector.
- Interface and problem solve daily with customers and vendors with a focus on innovative and timely solutions.
- Work well with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Provide administrative support for the legal department.
- Fulfills legal compliance requirements of contracts, bids and other State and County rules or regulations.
- Maintains company confidential files. Maintains legal department filing system.
Technical Knowledge & Personal Attributes (other)
- Unwavering commitment to compliance and customer service.
- Adept at creating and developing efficiencies to streamline business processes.
- Inquisitive, self-motivating, detail-oriented and innovative nature – must be comfortable asking questions, probing for details, and identifying problems and solutions. Must be a self-starter, desiring to meet and then exceed the baseline requirements for any given issue.
- Problem-solving expertise with an ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams.
- Organized and capable of maintaining extensive legal department filing system.
- Extensive use and substantial knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to learn and become fluent in new systems that drive business practices. Desire to learn, create and manage new systems to support future audit needs.
- Must comply with all company polices and procedures, especially related to safety.
- Able to communicate effectively with broad range of people in various positions & situations (municipal, general public, colleagues, district personnel).
- Can confidently develop rapport and relationships with municipal staff, district staff, legal staff and other PSS members.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrated self starter with a basic sense of urgency and commitment to superior work product.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Paralegal studies, Business Administration, or similar area of study preferred. High School Diploma or GED equivalent in addition to 5 years of work experience may be considered as well.
- Experience: Prefer at least two years (in addition to Bachelor’s Degree).
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Administrative Support
Title: Contract Compliance and Legal Administrator
Requisition ID: 17013413