HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Microbiology Technologist II PRN in Largo, Florida
Medical Technologist: Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Intergraded Regional Lab. This position is a Full Time Evening position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in the medical field. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
New Graduate Medical Technologist are welcome to apply. Start your career being part of a rewarding team here at IRL
INTEGRATED REGIONAL LABS (IRL) – LARGO, FL
IRL, an HCA company, is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. IRL is continuously seeking talented individuals who share our values and are interested in contributing to the success of our company.
The Medical Technologist II performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients.
_The tasks and responsibilities include:_ * Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results. * Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. * Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods. * Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests. * Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required in all areas of Lab preferred, at least 3 areas of the lab is required
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Blood Bank experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Title: Microbiology Technologist II PRN
Location: Florida-Largo-Integrated Regional Labs-West Florida
Requisition ID: 26598-1066