HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Pharmacy Technician- Days - Full Time in Largo, Florida
At the largest hospital in HCA’s West Florida Division, become part of something bigger. Through the units of our 425-bed statutory teaching hospital, you will find an avenue to pursue your passion for excellence in patient care. Since 1978, Largo Medical Center has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, excellence in care, compassion and convenience. We have three locations primed to help patients in Pinellas County. Largo Medical Center has locations in Clearwater, through our Free-Standing ER, in Largo, FL through our Largo Medical Center - Main Campus and at Largo Medical Center -Indian Rocks close to Indian Rocks Beach.
Following physicians' orders, the Registered Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Position tasks and responsibilities include: * Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist. * Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels. * Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems. * Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties. * Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly. * Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals. * Orients and mentors staff. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- This position is full-time days with rotating weekends.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) preferred
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- Minimum of one year pharmacy tech experience; hospital setting preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Registered Pharmacy Technician- Days - Full Time
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center- Largo
Requisition ID: 00144-10853