HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge RN Critical Care in Las Vegas, Nevada
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
/Position: Charge RN CC- Emergency Services - Full Time Days/ /_ / /About the Emergency Department:_/ / /
37 Beds (Including Fast Track), plus a DOU/CPU, Observation Units, Sepsis area, Medical treatment area, Vertical Treatment area
• Sepsis area is new within the department
• High Acuity
• Level II Trauma Center
• Average of over 300 patient visits per day
• Computerized Charting
• Very fast paced with 1 hour turnaround time for admitted patients to be moved upstairs and 25 minutes to discharge
when orders received
• Excellent Leadership and Staff to work with, very fast pace
• Must be flexible, dependable, great attitude, team environment
• Twelve hours shifts
• Paramedics, Concierges, C.N.A.'s, and Lab Assistants support the nurses and the department The Registered Nurse Charge Critical Care Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include: - Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments. - Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes. - Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition. - Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel. - Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. - Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. - Carries out physician orders. - Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. - Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients. - Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. - Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. - Instructs and educates patients and families. - Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. - Provides age and culturally appropriate care. - Orients and mentors new staff members. - Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
NOTE: All candidates must complete online assessment to avoid any time delays.
Required Job Qualifications include: - Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. - Current NV RN license. - Current BLS and ACLS. - Current education in area of practice required. - Current education in Management/Leadership required. - Minimum 3 - 5 years of acute care experience in an Adult Emergency Department setting. - Minimum of 6 months to 1 yr exp as a Charge RN in Adult ED setting. - Must pass the National League of Nursing medication test with a score of 80/higher.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge RN Critical Care
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: INT-01541-15056