HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Room Nurse - Part Time in Las Vegas, Nevada
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
Position: RN CC/IMC Part Time Days
Adult ED Department Information:
37 Beds (Including Fast Track), plus a DOU/CPU, Observation Units, Sepsis area, Medical treatment area, Vertical Treatment area
• Sepsis area is new within the department
• High Acuity
• Level II Trauma Center
• Average of over 300 patient visits per day
• Computerized Charting
• Very fast paced with 1 hour turnaround time for admitted patients to bemoved upstairs and 25 minutes to discharge when orders received
• Excellent Leadership and Staff to work with, very fast pace
• Must be flexible, dependable, great attitude, team environment
• Twelve hours shifts
• Paramedics, Concierges, C.N.A.'s, and Lab Assistants support the nursesand the department The Registered Nurse performs the active nursing process consisting of the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients. May assume the role as Team Leader for part or duration of shift**
NOTE: Once you submit your application, you will receive an online assessment, this must be completed one time per year, even if you apply to multiple positions.
_Required Job Qualifications include:_
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada.
- ACLS, BLS, NIHSS certifications required
- Passing score on Critical Care Test and Rhythm interpretation examination.
- CEN preferred.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to patient rights in the delivery of care.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Recent appropriate nursing practice in the patient population areas to be served.
- Ability to participate in considerable walking and standing, moderate lifting, and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents.
- Must meet clinical standards specific to the assigned patient care area (specialty unit employees for areas such as Emergency Room or ICU). _Education:_
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing - BSN Preferred _ _ _Experience: _
Current acute clinical care experience in emergency medicine (Two years) _ _ *Licensure: *
Current Nevada License to practice nursing; In dependently maintains license; Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice; L
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Emergency Room Nurse - Part Time
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-14793