AECOM Environmental Safety & Occupational Health (ESOH) Manager - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Environmental Safety & Occupational Health (ESOH) Manager - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The incumbent is responsible for planning, directing, and managing the environmental, safety and health (ESOH) programs under senior management direction. Serves as the primary POC with the government functional lead and staff for ESOH services.
1) Under minimal supervision, manages, develops and implements ESOH programs.
2) Supervises the Environmental Safety and Health Specialists assigned to the project or contract.
3) Performs work, which involves a variety of functions that require a broad range of expertise and excellent communication skills.
4) Adopt and manage guidelines outlined in the Integrated Natural Resource Management Plan (INRMP) and the AECOM Safety Management System procedures.
5) Recognizes, evaluates, recommends and implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with ESOH requirements of the organization.
6) Responsible for monitoring and preventing chemical, biological, physical hazards and diseases present throughout work sites.
7) Reviews and incorporates health standards published by regulatory authorities.
8) Ensures that quality control procedures are established to monitor all aspects of regulations.
9) Provides all necessary reports to Federal, State and local agencies.
10) Directs audits of health and safety program to identify and control conditions or acts posing a potential hazard to personnel, facilities, equipment or the environment.
11) Must keep fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations.
12) Provides continuation of the training management program to ensure assigned personnel are properly trained in their disciplines. Develops and provides ESOH training to employees.
13) Develops, implements and promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of incident prevention, industrial hygiene and environmental compliance.
14) Develops and directs the personnel within the Environmental Health and Safety function of the organization.
15) Provides leadership direction to management and professional personnel of the organization.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or an applied science field or demonstrated equivalent. Possess five years of directly related ESOH experience. Must have competency in computer skills and programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Certification in one or more of the following: CSP, CIH, CHST or PE, with the preference for CSP, completed or scheduled for completion within 6 months of hire. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Routine travel to contract operational sites is required.
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Safety / Health
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165297BR