AECOM Environmental Technician - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Environmental Technician - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Environmental technician, working under the direction of an Environmental Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) Manager, monitors the environment and investigates sources of pollution by performing laboratory and field tests. Part of a team with specialty skills and certifications to ensure compliance and reporting of environmental activities are IAW applicable permitting, local, State, Federal and Environmental laws and standards. Assists in the coordination of activities associated with safeguarding the environment and workforce under specific areas of responsibility.
1) Conduct hazardous waste handling activities including but not limited to, receiving hazardous waste, sampling wastes for analysis, properly storing in established accumulation points, taking necessary steps to dispose of in compliance of environmental standards.
2) Track pollution levels in soil, water and air, following protocols set forth by local, Federal, State and Environmental Standards.
3) Prepare and maintain necessary reports and records as required.
4) Monitor, maintain documentation of air quality utilizing equipment or stations to collect pollutant data from various locations, take necessary steps to report finding and implement improvement actions when required
5) Inspect areas for lead based paint (LBP), asbestos containing materials (ACM), and mold to include sampling, sending to certified labs for analysis, and developing remediation scenarios based on findings.
6) Use equipment such as air sampling monitors, microscopes, sound level meters, water pumps and lead sampling kits, to analyze and test specific areas for pollution sources.
7) Conduct bacteriological or other tests related to research in environmental or pollution control activity. May collect and analyze engine exhaust emissions to determine type and amount of pollutants
8) Prepare reports of recorded data and develop new testing procedures.
9) Collects water samples from raw, semi-processed or processed water, industrial waste water, or water from other sources to assess pollution problem
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or the equivalent is required. A minimum of two years of experience in the environmental systems repair field is required. Completion of specialized courses such as Certified Safety Professionals, (CSP), EPA/State of Nevada Asbestos Consultant, certified Lead Inspectors, EPA certified Risk Assessors, Water Quality Professional, Air Quality Specialist, Hazardous Waste Site Worker (HAZWOPER) trained specialist, Ionizing-Radiation Safety Specialist, Industrial Hygienist. Knowledgeable of environmental information systems such as EESOH-MIS, EMIS, HMIS. Understanding of Environmental and safety compliance standards such as OSHA, EPA 40 CFR, ISO 2001-2015 compliant Program, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). Position may require travel. Possess an active Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Works in proximity to hazardous materials, toxic chemicals and munitions. May enter areas containing toxic chemicals or chemical munitions. Work occasionally involves standing for long periods. Requires travel to multiple contract locations to evaluate environmental issues. May lift up to 50 pounds. May require work in high temperature, dusty or confined areas. Duties may occasionally require using and/or wearing protective equipment.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163550BR