AECOM Fire Fighter II (EMT) - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Fire Fighter II (EMT) - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The primary responsibility is to respond to emergencies in order to protect lives and property. The incumbent performs multiple tasks in potentially dangerous environments, and serves as the first line emergency responder to fire and medical emergencies.
1) Suppress all fires including wildland fires near contract facilities, and take necessary action to prevent rekindling.
2) Exercises caution to avoid damage or loss of property including injury to self and others.
3) Identifies, protects and reports evidence indicating cause of fire, especially during salvage and overhaul operations
4) Reports unusual circumstances or injuries sustained while on duty to the Lieutenant for necessary action.
5) Must be fully qualified to drive and operate all assigned fire apparatus and support vehicles as well as effectively operate all tools and equipment.
6) May also perform related duties and functions such as Alarm Center Operator, fire hose testing, pre-fire planning, station maintenance, fire extinguisher/fire alarm and fire systems inspections and testing, fire apparatus pump tests, and vehicle equipment maintenance.
(7) Renders Basic or Advanced Life Support (BLS)/ALS) emergency medical stabilization as trained and qualified.
(8) Responsible for all phases of patient transportation.
(9) Provides assistance to the medical facility staff when required.
10) Assesses extent of medical emergency at scene and establishes priority for emergency medical care via radio communications with appropriate physicians or under Protocol of Standing Orders.
(11) Will participate in medi-vac requirements as needed.
(12) Prepares all records and reports pertaining to the EMS function.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Must have a high school degree or equivalent and possess a minimum of 60 months of relevant firefighter experience. Must meet the requirements of the State of Nevada and/or National Fire Protection Association Standards (NFPA) to include: i. Current certification of Fire Fighter (2), (NFPA 1001). Current Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) completion of certification at the level of at least 2(3 preferred). Equivalent course completion and certification may be considered if it meets the requirements of Nevada Department of Fire programs requirements for EVOC. Current Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification (NFPA 472). Current Emergency Medical Technician Certification accredited through the State of Nevada, Department of Health. Advanced Life support positions require current Certification to the level established by the State of Nevada Department of Health. Physical Requirements of NFPA Standard 1582, 2001 edition, which includes passing a medical examination prior to assignment of duty and every year there after and the Physical Agility Test yearly. The Firefighter/ EMT must possess attributes such as good judgment, agility, coordination, and intelligence as necessary tools to operate as a team member in a wide variety of situations, both in emergency and non-emergency. Must be at least 18 years old on first day of employment. Must have a valid state driver’s license. Posses and maintain a Top Secret government security clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Basic physical requirements include walking, bending, stooping, stretching, climbing, running, and lifting up to 100 pounds. This position will be exposed to products of fire to include heat, smoke, toxic fumes, gasses. Possess communication skills including maintaining ability to provide life-saving information under high stress, emergency conditions. Exposure will also include extreme environmental elements such as heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, and sun etc. Basic physical requirements include walking, bending, stooping, stretching, climbing, running, crawling, dragging, carrying, and lifting up to 100 pounds. Must be able to perform job tasks at any place on the Aerial Ladder from minimal extension to full extension. Must be able to perform assigned duties while wearing a self-contained-breathing-apparatus (SCBA), with minimal loss of effectiveness and efficiency. Must be able to navigate tight turns, stairs, and enclosed spaces while wearing firefighting personal protective equipment to include SCBA.
At times, work will be done in a station or an office environment maintaining vehicles, equipment and firefighting apparatus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163577BR