AECOM Plumber - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Plumber - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Incumbent is responsible to install, repair, and maintain various plumbing systems for industrial and administrative facilities and utilities. Work includes laying or fitting pipes, performing repairs and maintenance on appliances and fixtures. Independently performs construction and maintenance of plumbing systems at assigned facilities or contract sites.
1) Determine the location for and type, size and amount of material required, considering such factors as volume, pressure, temperature and type of substance being piped.
2) Lay out, construct, install, rebuild, maintain, repair, adjust, modify and test plumbing systems such as water, drain lines, lawn and fire sprinkler systems, etc.
3) Perform maintenance and repair of underground sewer and water systems.
4) Inspect systems, diagnose the problem, and perform any necessary replacements or repairs when a pipe or appliance stops functioning properly
5) Remove, clean, replace, pack, and seal defective parts of utility, supply, and disposal systems such as dirty traps, sections of broken tile pipe, and leaky drains
6) Hook up to installed systems such as water heaters, disposal units, and faucets.
7) Measure, cut, bend, and thread pipe and tile, caulk and seal such things as elbows, union joints, tile pipe, faucets, and shower drains
8) Install, modify, and repair new and existing utility, supply, and disposal systems and equipment such as sewage, water, oil, and gas distribution systems, and water closets, tubs, fire sprinkler systems, and showers
9) Locate and tap main lines, set up system routes, place and cut route openings, place hangers for proper level and slope
10) Work in conformance with proper codes, ordinances, sketches, specifications, blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
11) Perform minor insulation with prefabricated mineral insulating material, binding, plastic, cement, etc., as required.
12) Perform routine plumbing, such as diagnosing, testing and repairing all types of plumbing lines and fixtures.
13) Diagnose and repair major plumbing breakdowns which do not respond to routine maintenance.
14) Skill in use of tapes, rules, hacksaws, hand and power pipe threaders and cutters, packing and caulking irons, and pipe wrenches, gas welding equipment to perform cutting, burning, and soldering, as necessary, to accomplish work assignment.
15) Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required.
16) May be subject to working with hazardous waste.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent. Four years of experience as a plumber or completion of a certified apprenticeship program. Possess journeyman status. Maintain certification and/or licenses required by State or local authorities. Have knowledge of how various supply, disposal, and utility systems and equipment, such as water and gas systems, fire sprinkler equipment, and water closets, are installed and operated. Use shop mathematics, and lay out such things as angles, arcs, and circles. Must be currently qualified and be able to demonstrate continued proficiency in accordance with Company procedures/policies. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently required to walk: use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: talk or hear: and taste or smell. Requires climbing on ladders, scaffolding, and platforms: standing, bending, and working in cramped areas: lifting and carrying tools and equipment which occasionally may weigh over 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163579BR