AECOM Quality Assurance Specialist - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Quality Assurance Specialist - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Perform quality assurance duties in testing, evaluation, validation of processes, and training of contract personnel. Perform first article inspection as required, validates processes through statistical sampling and other measuring techniques. Works independently and reports directly to Quality Manager who has QA responsibility for contract operations.
1) Apply quality assurance principles, concepts, and methodology.
2) Perform inspections, using various test measurement techniques.
3) Investigate report of defective material, execution methods, and coordinating disposition of nonconformance.
4) Provide corrective action reports/ recommendations on complex contractual problems.
5) Evaluate contractor compliance with the contract, State and Federal regulations, and DOE Directives through surveillance, assessments, and audits.
6) Complete Technical Qualifications Program requirements for QA.
7) Performs QA document control functions, including document login, tracking, processing, reviewing, distributing, releasing and archiving of documents.
8) Support regulatory and client inspections as necessary.
9) Assist with investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventive action, as needed.
10) Coordinate and collate department quality metrics.
11) Perform, administer, or advise on the quality of contract resource execution to satisfy contract requirements.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting or related area required. Minimum one-year general experience plus one-year specific experience in areas of inspection, quality assurance, and related areas. Experience with document and record review and approval, e.g. SOP, Validation, Master Batch Record, analytical test records, batch records. QC and GMP regulations knowledge/experience (FDA, EMEA, IPEC, ISO etc.) highly desirable. Knowledge of quality assurance/control methods, principles, and practices, including statistical analysis and sampling techniques. Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills. May substitute experience for education at the rate of one year of specific experience for one year of college. Must have demonstrated ability to obtain certifications required for position. Must be current in all certifications within 30 to 60 days of selection for position. Must be able to use DSS and other automated distribution systems used at site. Position requires familiarity with and ability to stay current in general industry standards (29CRF 1910 and 1926), NFPA 101, ANSI Standards. Possess and maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Routine travel to contract operational sites is required.
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance is Highly Desired
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Safety / Health
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164585BR