HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Critical Care/IMC Adult - Medical ICU - Full Time in Las Vegas, Nevada
SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s “Get With The Guidelines” (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
REGISTERED NURSE CRITICAL CARE/IMC ADULT – MEDICAL ICU – FULL TIME NIGHTS
_TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:_
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
- Promotes the Profession of Nursing
- Creative problem solving skills using critical thinking, active listening skills and empathy
- Adheres to and promotes proactive patient, personal and facility safety
- Demonstrates a professional approach to open and honest communication skills
- Delegation skills in receiving and assigning responsibilities
- Promotes positive Customer Service with a Patient and Family Centered Care Philosophy
- Seeks opportunities to improve care or system process; Incorporates Performance Improvement principles and data
- Supports and contributes to the success of the hospital’s mission and vision
- Meets Standard of Practice and Care using established policies and procedures of the facility
- Maintains a collegial responsibility for team building on all levels including knowledge sharing and educating
- Ensures care is delivered with an awareness to resource management
- Active case management of the patient’s healthcare process
- Promotes positive customer service with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors.
- Maintains unit specific competencies as attached.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assumes the role as Team Leader to serve as a clinical resource in the application and adherence of hospital policies and procedures, as well as standards of care in the provision and supervision of patient care using the nursing process
- Promotes quality patient care ensuring patient care meets all national, corporate, and hospital quality standards of care
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada * *EDUCATION: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing BSN preferred * *KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: * Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required. Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS; CPR required Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs*
EXPERIENCE: Current acute clinical care experience preferred.Current acute care experience and successfully completes a specialty course within 6 months of hire.**
*LICENSURE: * Current Nevada license to practice Nursing Independently maintains license Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Critical Care/IMC Adult - Medical ICU - Full Time
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-14807