AECOM Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Spec III in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Spec III
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Provide technical oversight, support and sets standards for UXO personnel conducting unexploded ordnance (UXO)-related operations to include ordnance response projects, performs reconnaissance, classification, disposing, transporting, storage of UXO complying with Federal, state and local laws.
1) Perform on-site demilitarization of MEC (Munitions and Explosives of Concern), and handling of demolition materials.
2) Prepare explosives storage plan per all applicable guidance.
3) Prepare required UXO munitions response actions and/or range maintenance administrative reports.
4) Prepare standard operating procedures for on-site munitions responses and/or for range clearance activities.
5) Assist in the preparation of risk and hazards analyses.
6) Conduct daily site safety briefings.
7) Supervise the conduct of all on-site UXO-related operations.
8) Inspect and certify and/or verify MPPEH, (Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard) as safe or as to the explosive hazard it may present for transfer within the Department of Defense or release from DoD control per current policies and standards.
9) Able to fully perform all UXOSP and for UXOTI and UXOTII functions.
10) Perform risk-hazard analysis, maintenance and operator checks on all team equipment.
11) Assist in performing reconnaissance and classification of UXO identification of US and foreign guided missiles, bombs and bomb fuses, grenades and grenade fuses, rockets and rocket fuses, land mines and associated components.
12) Locate subsurface UXO using military and/or civilian magnetometers.
13) Direct operator maintenance of military and/or civilian magnetometers.
14) Locate surface UXO using visual means and assist in transporting and storing UXO.
15) Responsible for demolition of materials, preparing non-electric firing system for al UXO disposal operation, preparing electric firing system for an UXO disposal operation and disposing of ammunition/explosives by burning.
16) Dispose of ammunition/explosives by assisting in the operation of personnel decontamination station.
17) Assist in the inspection of salvage UXO-related material and erection of UXO-related protective works.
18) Transfer munitions from munitions service magazine to Enhanced Reconfiguration Building feed area.
19) Provide support labor for palletizing, packaging and shipping of munitions bodies and inert and energetic parts.
20) Perform daily inspections of hazardous waste storage areas.
21) Monitor tank levels and process instrumentation.
22) Mix and prepare various chemical solutions.
23) May provide instructions or work direction to lower level technicians.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma/equivalent and 8 years of EOD/UXO experience, prior military EOD and/or commercial UXO experience in munitions response actions or range clearance activities, as appropriate for the contracted operation plus specific project/explosives safety training. Completed 200 hours of training on MEC (Munitions and Explosives of Concern), and MPPEH (Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard), 40 hours of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training. Explosives safety; recognition of munitions and MEC, particularly UXO; and the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment. Must be able to operator forklift or material handling lifting devices, and demonstrate experience working in procedurally, environmental and safety compliant environment. Unexploded ordnance experience desired. Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license. Position may require travel. Position requires the ability to qualify for and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Works in proximity to toxic chemical munitions. May enter areas containing toxic chemicals or chemical munitions. Work occasionally involves standing for long periods. May lift up to 50 pounds. May require work in high temperature, dusty or confined areas. May require work using and/or wearing protective equipment. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The individual’s supervisor assures that the degree of risk is reduced to the lowest level. Required to work a schedule of rotating eight or twelve-hour (normally) shifts, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to acknowledge and respond to Emergency lights and sirens and be capable of wearing a protective mask.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165161BR