HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President - Quality in Las Vegas, Nevada
MountainView Hospitalis a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
The Vice President of Quality/Risk assumes the role as an administrative leader for strategic planning and directing the management of patient safety, performance improvement, quality and risk management, regulatory and research compliance. As a member of the senior management team, participates in the development and implementation of hospital-wide plans, goals and objectives.
Leads project plans and provides guidance and consultation to external and internal entities, departments and individuals in effective implementation of national, corporate and internal initiatives. Serves as an expert resource and champions a culture of patient safety, providing insight in the identification of opportunities to facilitate performance improvement plans that align with organizational goals. Provides oversight to assure compliance with regulatory bodies including JCAHO, state, and federal guidelines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:*Education: *Masters Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field is required. *Experience: *Minimum of 5 years of management experience in an acute care facility with responsibility for several departments. Prefer practical experience in Quality Management, Risk Management. Must have demonstrated experience in the management of hospital-wide Performance Improvement Programs. Must have practical experience in dealing with hospital and departmental policies and procedures; including comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, continuous quality improvement, CMS and JCAHO regulations
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skills, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
· Initiates and oversees the development of a comprehensive safety/quality/performance improvement program inclusive of the analysis and trending of data related to initiatives, using a variety of performance improvement tools...
· Provides overall direction necessary to ensure that clinical services are provided in accordance with standards established through state and federal regulations and JCAHO accreditation standards, including the National Patient Safety Goals and that are evidence-based.
· Assesses compliance with accreditation standards and regulations related to areas of responsibility in collaboration with leadership and staff. Identifies areas of vulnerability and directs the development of strategies to enhance compliance.
· Provides strategic oversight of proactive and reactive patient safety activities including root cause analyses, failure mode effects analyses and Sentinel Event Alerts in regards to the facilitation of process, planning, implementation and evaluation of effectiveness of process changes.
· Works closely with HCA Clinical Operations, Quality and Patient Safety to leverage corporate programs, tools and methodologies, align resources and drive participation in HCA quality initiatives.
· Effectively manages and coordinates clinical and quality initiatives to ensure that quality objectives are met.
· Leads the facility to accreditation compliance and regulatory alignment, improvement on national and state/local publicly-reported measures, risk management, focused clinical reporting, and compliance with HCA supported national programs.
· Oversight for assessing risk issues and recommending changes necessary to reduce or mitigate risk.
· Provides strategic oversight for patient safety and quality committees’ agenda, with accountability for documentation and distribution of organizational communication.
· Utilizes process redesign, teaching, project management, performance measurement, and data analysis skills to develop and educate the organization.
· Provides expertise and technical assistance, consultation and training to the organization and leadership regarding applicable laws, statues, rules, regulations and standards.**
Provides collaborative input into the development of processes, policies and procedures governing hospital operations to improve the overall organization effectiveness
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Vice President - Quality
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-MountainView Hospital
Requisition ID: 02270-7782