Comcast Capital Manager 1, Business Operations in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading the Capital management process for the CA Region and directing a team of seven analysts. This role works closely with senior leadership in the Engineering and Construction groups as well as other functional areas across the business and manages a capital budget in excess of $400M. Lead the monthly capital close and forecast process along with the annual capital budget. Prepare for monthly forecast reviews with the Division office and communicates monthly results and forecasts.
Responsible for ensuring that unit standards are maintained in terms of customer profitability, pricing, contracts, and equipment investments. Collaborates on the development and implementation of customer and contract performance metrics and tools. Analyzes prospective customer agreements to assess profitability and risk, and makes recommendations to improve profitability, where needed.
- Analyzes actual capital results against expected performance and communicates areas for improvement. Key capital areas managed include betterments, residential and commercial new build construction, capacity and critical infrastructure.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements performance metrics for functions supervised.
- Measures and analyzes actual performance and makes recommendations for improving profitability where needed.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts and recommends changes when appropriate. Updates forecasts for new developments to provide management with a current perspective of the business.
- Provides training and education to analyst team; Supervisors, exempt, and non-exempt employees on metrics and tools to improve financial performance.
- Works on capital and expense budgets for the business unit.
- Collaborates with other operational departments such as Engineering, Construction, Tech Ops, Sales & Marketing, Commercial Business Services to ensure resources are available to support their daily needs and special projects.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches and counsels staff.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results and recommendations to key business leaders.
- Experienced user of Excel, Access, Essbase, Smartview and Oracle Financial systems. Ability to learn and use internal budget and forecast systems.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree or Equivalent. MBA a plus
Field of Study
- Finance or Accounting
- None required
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer