Comcast Director, Sales Operations in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position will be responsible for all Sales Operations and Support programs for Comcast Business Services' sales channels in the California Region. Responsibilities will span small business, mid-markets and Enterprise channels. The position will be directly responsible for Sales Operations and Support, Sales Coaching, Compensation, and Sales Analytics. This job is comprised of approximately 30% program development & management, 20% data analysis and presentation, and 50% execution management.
- Develop iterative strategies and tools to drive Sales Effectiveness and budgeted growth objectives within the California Region.
- Consult with various sales leaders to understand opportunities for sales improvement and develop proposals and plans to exploit those opportunities.
- Employ a variety of communications tactics to motivate, recognize, and drive sales organization activity within the California Region.
- Drive organizational adoption and calibration of CRM Programs and Coaching Programs and ongoing improvement of those programs.
- Identify opportunities to improve new hire success ramp. Create and operate effective onboarding programs to support new hire development and retention.
- Run monthly compensation and incentive programs including sales review and validation and compensation analytics.
- Manage a team of Sales Operations and Support Professionals in achieving sales business objectives.
- Create data management, analysis, and score carding in support of Sales Execution.
- Evaluates actual results against expected performance and communicates areas for improvement.
- Establishes, evaluates, and implements performance metrics for functions supervised. Measures and analyzes actual performance and makes recommendations for improving profitability where needed.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts and recommends changes when appropriate. Updates forecasts for both current performance and new development to provide management with a current perspective of the business.
- Directs training and education to Managers on metrics and tools to improve financial performance.
- Collaborates with cross functional groups to propose and manage creative solutions for improving coordination, collaboration, and communication. Forecasts, maintains, and secures appropriate company assets.
- Coordinates and drives cross functional initiatives, proactively identifying dependencies and driving issues to resolution. Oversees expense budgets for unit.
- Collaborates with other operational departments such as tech ops, construction, business services to ensure resources are available to support their daily needs and special projects.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches, and counsels staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, Finance
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Telecommunications industry experience Preferred
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to communicate about data/findings to diverse audiences
- Background in executing strategies through matrixed internal partnerships
- Previous experience in program development and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with previous experience presenting to senior leadership
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer