AECOM Commercial Manager in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Construction Services
Position Title Commercial Manager
United Kingdom - London
As the contractor of some of the world’s most iconic and challenging structures ever conceived, we transform design concepts into tangible assets through a comprehensive approach to construction that is informed by our diverse technical expertise.
With nearly 100,000 employees serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, high-rise commercial & residential buildings, energy, oil and gas, water, and government.
e provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients.
Our Construction Services business line is currently delivering a number of prestigious high rise buildings projects across the UK, with landmark projects such as Long Street (London), Silvertown Quays (London), 20 Farringdon Street (London), Portugal Street (Manchester), One Bryant Park (New York) and Old Street (London) to name a few.
Due to growth we are looking to recruit Commercial Managers who will be accountable and responsible for the proactive management of procurement, contractual and commercial processes / procedures, cost control, reporting, risk management, project P&L and compliance with the project execution plan management.
Collaborating within a Commercial team you will be involved but not limited to some of the key responsibilities,
• The commercial performance of projects / trade packages within the remit of ensuring project profitability and that risk is mitigated / managed.
• Effective management for change variations & claims commercial closure ensuring that the project performs within the defined commercial expectations.
• Effective Management & Control of the project tender event schedule.
• Establish and maintain necessary monitors to ensure AECOM & project commercial compliance contracts – insurances / bonds / warranties / indemnities etc.
• Preparation of financial / commercial reports to the Commercial Director & Project Director or the employers representative.
• Interface with finance department to ensure & define business unit reporting / information requirements, that business unit complies with statutory obligations & that necessary liabilities are identified & managed.
The successful candidate will need to have experience in,
• Commercial Management experience within projects up to £ 40 Million or trade packages up to £30 Million.
• Valuation of Changes/Variations
• Administration of Contracts and Sub-Contracts with Design & Build, Lump sum design portion, lump sum, Construction Management and Management Contracting with or without GMP
• Administration of design sub-contracts
• Two-stage, single stage and negotiated contracts.
• Value Engineering & Risk management.
• Procurement of sub-contractors and supplier.
• Resolution of contractual differences.
• Cash flow forecasting
• Ability to be a strategic & innovative thinker.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in negotiating with clients and trade contractors.
• Technical understanding of design and the construction process.
• Professionally Qualified with either RICS, MCIOB or other relevant body.
• Qualified with RICS, MCIoB.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Commercial Management / Contract Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160431BR