AECOM Construction Design and Management Coordinator in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Construction Design and Management Coordinator
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Construction Design and Management (CDM) Coordinator to support in our business growth.
• Provide health, safety, and environmental support, guidance, and best practice to the Development team, through all stages of project development and delivery.
• Provide support to Project Managers, EHS Manager, Field Engineers, and all levels of management as and where necessary.
• Assess and provide advice on how to meet CDM Regulatory and relevant EHS requirements.
• Ensure the Development team remains legally compliant under the CDM Regulations as the ‘Client’.
• Coordinate project works within assigned area and measure and provide relevant information as necessary on the effectiveness of any CDM Coordinator outsourced service.
• Carry out the requirements and duties identified in the CDM Regulations 2015, the supporting Approved Code of Practice relevant GAL standards, procedures, processes, and contract requirements.
• Advise the Client in the selection, as necessary, and the competence and allocation of resources of the Designers, Principal Contractors, and Contractors prior to their appointment.
• Liaise between Designers and other relevant parties, advise on health and safety issues relating to the design, and collate and produce a pre-tender Information Pack for tendering purposes and distribute as necessary.
• Notify the project to HSE via form F10 and update as necessary.
• Ensure suitable arrangements for coordination of health and safety measures during planning and preparation of the Construction Phase, including cooperation and coordination between duty holders.
• Liaise with the Principal Contractor to ensure that a Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan is prepared and advise Stakeholders on its adequacy for allowing construction work to commence on site.
• Ensure good communication and cooperation between Designers, the Principal Contractor, and Stakeholders in relation to design and the application of general principals of prevention to eliminate hazards and reduce risks and the provision of information about remaining risks.
• Monitor Designers compliance with the CDM Regulations 2015 including the review of their health and safety file for the project and that the file is regularly updated as required.
• Liaise with the Principal Contractor to ensure that the Health and Safety File covering all aspects of the development is compiled, routinely reviewed & then handed over to the client at or immediately following completion.
• Assess and advise on the adequacy and availability of the time being allowed for Designers, Principal Contractors, and Contractors to safely undertake their activities and of the resources and arrangements for coordinating their own activities with others involved in the project to enable compliance with the Regulations.
• Sufficient knowledge of the specific tasks to be undertaken and the risks which the work will entail;
• Sufficient experience and ability to carry out their duties in relation to the project(s);
• Appropriate actions in order to prevent harm to those carrying out construction work, or those affected by the work;
• Experience in successful Health and Safety Management within the construction industry.
• Experience, knowledge and ability in performing CDM Coordinators duties to meet the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Experience and an understanding of engineering and construction management, and methodologies associated with construction works.
• NEBOSH Diploma and validated, active CPD and Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or other equivalent recognised body.
• Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to influence at all levels within the client and external.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Construction Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164142BR