Hilton Night Porter in London, United Kingdom
A Night Porter carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will I be doing?
As a Night Porter, you are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties and operating pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Night Porter will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensuring that all kitchen and back of house areas are kept clean and all equipment within the kitchen area is cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Ensure that ovens are cleaned on a regular basis
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
What are we looking for?
A Night Porter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen portering experience in similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Night Porter
Requisition ID: HOT04CZG