AECOM Planner in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Planner
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Planner to support in our business growth.
• Develop robust delivery schedules with clear milestones at appropriate levels.
• Assists in the preparation of schedule data for proposals or contracts;
• Identifies scope of schedule activities;
• Determines schedule dates for work activities and determines milestones to support the project schedule;
• Establishes work sequence and activity durations for assigned projects. Determines interdisciplinary constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences. Works with delivery team to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan (programme integrated schedule). Develops and applies installation rates to quantity take-offs and developed quantities for assigned projects.
• Review and analyse the contractor’s schedules submitted for acceptance and provide the required recommendation to the project team.
• Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned projects. Reviews quantity logs to ensure total quantities are represented for assigned projects. Assists in the development of the required job hour expenditure for assigned projects. Assists in determining levelling decisions. Performs quantity and manpower resource loading for assigned schedules;
• Continuously assists discipline or specialty engineers in developing their individual work plans and knowledge of overall discipline requirements.
• Assists in developing specific project Work breakdown structure and codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions;
• Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in work planning and interfacing with others;
• Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in developing and implementing requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule;
• Prepares and develops study information as assigned. Evaluates quantities, job hours/staffing, and schedule logic for a specific discipline or specialty. Prepares schedule, staffing, and quantity progress and performance reports for assigned disciplines or specialties.
• Develop historical installation and implementation records of the area project(s) as a guide and benchmarking for similar future works.
• Significant experience with Primavera software (P6) and MS Excel
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing.
• Experience in performing quantity take-offs, statistical analysis, and computer operations.
• Skilled in understanding construction technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
• Good knowledge of NEC types of contract.
• Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired by taking selected discipline training courses or through practical experience.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164148BR