AECOM Project Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Project Engineer
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Project Engineer to support in our business growth.
• Plans, coordinates and reviews engineering work within the project or projects designated by the Project Manager. Ensures compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements, the client’s processes and procedures.
• Prepares or oversees the preparation of engineering execution plans in accordance with project scope, schedule, and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
• Reports regularly to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager on the progress of assigned Projects.
• Participates in the procurement process for contractors and consultants as required.
• Assists the Engineering Manager in the application and administering of engineering processes and procedures in order to maintain quality and control of engineering work product.
• Coordinates with airport management and operational representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
• Works closely with construction personnel on the project site to monitor quality, progress, and evaluate and resolve issues that may arise during the implementation phase.
• Reviews consultants’ design documents for quality and compliance with client’s standards and good engineering practice.
• Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Ensures airport wide alignment of requirements to deliver an effective capital plan to support the client’s business priorities
• Ensures consultant and contractors requirements from engineering processes and procedures are included in contracts
• Ensures engineering scopes are clear and specific deliverables are defined
• Reviews and monitors engineering progress to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met. Initiates appropriate corrective action, if required, and contributes experience and expertise in the solution of difficult problems.
• Keeps abreast of technological development and trends that could lead to new applications or uses in the CIP, and participates in special studies to examine long term trends
• Reviews, approves and signs-off relevant engineering processes and procedures.
• Manages and reports on the progress and performance of engineering deliverables assigned under the Project Manager
• Senior engineer with experience in the engineering and construction of at least 2 large infrastructure projects (circa £200M).
• Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
• Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
• Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
• Knowledge of industry / regulatory codes and standards, and design and / or layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication including technical writing.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
• Experience in the use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) software is desired.
• Airport development experience or significant other development experience within a multi complex stakeholder organization.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-minded with an energetic and proactive personal style.
• Experience in complex stakeholder management and negotiation.
• Lean six sigma or equivalent skills.
• Working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and business planning software is a requirement.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
• A minimum of 7 years relevant industry experience, gained through on the job experience of large, multi-discipline construction projects.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Construction Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164149BR