Farmers Insurance Central Station Security Officer in Los Angeles, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Central Station Operator performs all essential operational functions of a highly technical Central Station environment such as monitoring and responding to alarm systems, reporting and escalating notification on security related issues, configure, program and test security equipment for proper function, provide 24/7 security support to the field locations. This position will work in tandem with operational team members to ensure the protection and security of all Farmers employees, visitors, contractors, property, and brand. The Operator will perform all tasks in a professional manner adhering to security and central station policy and protocol.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors, processes and responds to all technological activity to ensure timely and effective resolution including but not limited to: calls, alarms, access incidents, life safety systems, CCTV review, and emergency response activity.
- Utilizes multi-tasking skills to communicate, evaluate, and determine the best approach in a high pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Translates activity into accurate written correspondence and responsible for data entry of items.
- Participates in all assigned training to include but not limited to: report writing, effective communication, evacuation drills, violent intruder scenarios, operational systems, policy and procedure/post order reviews.
Performs other duties as assigned by security leadership as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
Minimum two years related experience required; Experience in law enforcement, dispatch center, private security preferred.
Central Station experience with emphasis on central station operations required.
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and by written correspondence in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
Ability to multitask and prioritize deliverables.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Central Station Security Officer
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 1700047E