HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Graduate Nurse StaRN Residency/Fellowship Program, ICU in Low Moor, Virginia
Come and join our2017 StaRN Training Program! We invite new graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to be given didactic and clinical training in for our ICU units.Lewis Gale Hospital Alleghanyand Health Trust have partnered together to provide this14 weekprogram that will allow new graduates to obtain specific experience through an intensive internship program. After the completion of the program you will transition to staff roles within the nursing departments ofLewis Gale Hospital Alleghany.
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the new RN with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment.
- The program is7 weeksof classroom training and7 weeksin a clinical preceptorship
- Your training will include basic EKG, ACLS, ECCO high level simulation lab and systems based lectures For more than a century,LewisGale Hospital Alleghanyhas delivered high-quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia, the Alleghany Highlands, West Virginia and Rockbridge County. We specialize in cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, surgical services and mental health and behavioral health services—particularly the Senior Transitions Program available at our stand-alone geriatric psychiatry unit in our beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain setting
Our facility has received theCheers Awardfor Medication Safety from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Also, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rank LewisGale Hospital Alleghanyamong the top hospitals in the nation. Please join our facility today in order to help make a difference.
_Additional information about our ICU:_
* 10-bed Intensive Care Unit
* Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
* Patient turnover 3-4 days * Types of patients on this unit: med/surg, invasive cardiology, and complex abdominal patients * A supportive and team oriented environment focused on fostering excellent patient care * Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships * Actively looking for motivated nurses looking to make a difference
QUALIFICATIONS: • Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months. BSN graduate preferred • Applicants can apply and be offered a position prior to passing the NCLEX exam • Applicants should not have acute care / hospital RN experience • American Heart Association BLS certification required • Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred • Self-motivated and strong communication skills required • Acceptance in programs requires a two year commitment to the facility
Title: Graduate Nurse StaRN Residency/Fellowship Program, ICU
Location: Virginia-Low Moor-LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
Requisition ID: StaRN 2017-LGA ICU