HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Document Imaging Lead in Loxahatchee, Florida
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provides general direction to the Parellon HIM Document Imaging Technicians in the management of work processes
• Establishes staff schedules and monitors violations of the attendance policy
• Is expected to accept weekend on- call coverage on a rotating basis
• Assists HIM Document Imaging Manager in review and improvement of process and services
• Reports to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs
• Coach, facilitate, solve work problems, and participate in the work of the team
• Assists the HIM Document imaging Manager in capturing HIM document imaging staff productivity
• Ensures cross functional collaboration with functional area(s)
• Assists in employee training and development
• Assists HSC Document Imaging Manager in Quality Control monitoring and reporting efforts
• Adheres to documented and established workflow guidelines as it relates to managing work queues
• Ensures all discharged records are received for scanning
• Prepares medical record documents (e.g., remove staples, repair tears, remove duplicates, remove electronically fed documents, patient identifiers are present) prior to scanning, as designated in the HSC Policies and Procedures
• Identifies and scans documents according to policies and procedures
• Verify images are correct and legible when scanned into the imaging system
• Ensures each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient and the document type are identified.
• Maintains or exceeds established quality standards.
• Maintains or exceeds the following productivity standards:
o Prepping: TBD
o Scanning: 5000 images/hour (2500 paper pages/hour)
o Indexing: 1600 images/hour (800 paper pages/hour)
• Monitors imaging system daily for scanning errors and/or requests.
• Promptly reports issues or trends to the HIM Document Imaging Manager.
• Participates at regular intervals in quality scanning audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging Leadership.
• Responsible for daily maintenance of scanning equipment.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and the “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Technical Skills – ability to apply, review, and educate on equipment and processes.
• Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task..
• Communication - communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Interpersonal skills- able to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps.
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
• Work Independently – is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job.
• Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• At least one year of document imaging experience required.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - None
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Document Imaging Lead
Location: Florida-Loxahatchee-Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach
Requisition ID: 25770-137004