Comcast Network Engineer 4 - (Everett, WA) in Lynnwood, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the design, implementation, operational support of the Company internet protocol network. Provides expert-level technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of internet protocol router networks, etc. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Provides technical leadership and directions as a primary technical resource on internet protocol router network technologies.
- Analyzes internet protocol network design and traffic flows for network optimization.
- Configures routing to efficiently distribute customer traffic.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity requirements.
- Follows Engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for internet protocol networks. Provides technical support for internet protocol network problems.
- Provides technical training to technicians and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the regions and local markets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience-Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer