HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Room Clinical Coordinator in Macon, Georgia
Accountable for clinical and operational functions of an assigned unit. Assumes the responsibility of managing the department’s activities in the absence of the Director, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC.
Full Time Nights (7p-7a)
1. Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve delivery of quality care.
2. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
3. Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
4. Advises the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections and quality improvement processes.
5. Anticipates and estimates future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care.
6. Administers, analyzes and evaluates the care given to patients, ensuring the delivery of quality care.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
8. Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
9. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
10. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
11. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
12. Participates in planning and implementing patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
13. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
14. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
16. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
17. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
18. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
19. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy. 20. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· BSN preferred
· State of Georgia RN License required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ACLS required
· PALS required
· TNCC within 1 year
· ENPC preferred
· CEN and/or CPEN preferred
· Arrhythmia recognition course within 6 months (if not documented in previous experience)
· HCA Charge Nurse Leadership Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Acute care experience required
· Emergency or critical care preferred
· Management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Read and write basic English
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
Title: Emergency Room Clinical Coordinator
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Medical Centers - Macon
Requisition ID: 08158-9681