Waste Management CDL Driver - Multi-site Coverage - 100% Travel within WI - Industry Experience Needed in Madison, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers inresidential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout NorthAmerica through a network of collection operations, transfer stations,landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest truckingfleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancementwith the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. Weoffer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the bestdrivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers workhard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team memberswho are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth,and they are home at night and on the weekends.
This position will require travel and overnight stay throughout Wisconsin
I. Job Summary
Team member participates on our market area support force asrequired. Participant must be willing and able to perform the essential dutieslisted below during any driver shortage or any other driver needed event. Participant must be able to commit to a prolonged stay in any part of ourservice area. Ability and willingness to travel are required.
Ideal member will be able to operate all types of trucks(automatic and manual transmissions) in all lines of business, R/L, F/L, R/Oand S/L in a safe and efficient manner.
When not actively participating on our market areal support force,this position will be utilized within the participant’s home district asdirected.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able tosatisfactorily perform the essential duties listed below, with or without areasonable accommodation.
- Maintains a clean and safe vehicle/equipment and operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet in all weather conditions.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Management or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle/equipment, utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required.
- Communication Skills: Required to communicate in a professional manner in accordance with WM Code of Conduct.
- Required to conduct one’s self in accordance with WM Code of Conduct, and any other applicable rules, policies and procedures.
- Works to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Must be able to read maps.
- Notifies Management or Dispatch of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Management.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation.
- May be required to train and coach new and existing drivers on use of applicable tools, equipment, and in fundamental routing practices; transfers expertise to drivers.
- May be required to deliver training to new and existing drivers on OSHA, DOT, and Waste Management policies and driving standards.
- May be required to train and coach employees as a “model driver”.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds.
- Required to work in environments and conditions, which involve exposure to environmental elements such as dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes or similar elements most of the day.
- Required to work in environments, which may involve exposure to occupational risks and hazards such as cuts, burns, toxic chemicals, etc.
- Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of thequalifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two years of prior industry experience or equivalent military experience within the last seven years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an airbrake endorsement.
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be able to operate a minimum of two vehicle types/lines of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the US.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Acceptable performance in the areas of Safety, Service and Efficiency-proven track record.
- Must be a TEAM player.
- Must be willing to learn all LOBs and all vehicle types.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands andwork environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/orlandfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, andPersonal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been lookingfor, please click "Apply.” Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our Team (or learn more).
Title: CDL Driver - Multi-site Coverage - 100% Travel within WI - Industry Experience Needed
Requisition ID: 17013258