Thermo Fisher Scientific PPI Business System Manager-SG&A in Madison, Wisconsin
The role will facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System, primarily within SG&A/functional groups, to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. The position collaborates with key stakeholders to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training teams and providing coaching through the events.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
. • Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
• Facilitate kaizen events, teach PPI Business System tools, and coach and mentor their use with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Be a visible leader in changing the culture of the organization to one that supports continuous improvement, logical simplicity, and profitable growth.
• Participate in and provide direct support to corporate and business unit events such as sales meetings, business reviews, and Kaizen Institute.
• Provide PPI support to Sales, Marketing, Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Quality, Regulatory, Compliance, Product Administration, Facilities Management, and other back office functions.
• Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
• Provide support to develop problem solving capability within the organization at all levels
• Train, coach and follow-up with teams to ensure system improvements are sustained and the stakeholders are running the processes independently.
• Work closely with business leadership and PPI steering committees to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
• Help teams identify new projects through value stream mapping, data analysis and daily management systems. Coordinate the project funnel to keep an ongoing queue of projects to meet productivity goals.
• Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Advanced degree, such as an MBA would be a plus.
A Lean Practitioner with 3+ years experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS fundamentals including elements such as: Visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination in a Sales, General and Administrative environment.
Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods (SIOP, Customer Connections, Strategic Sourcing, etc.)
Proficiency with common tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks
Ability to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial business methods
Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
Proven track record in developing, training, and coaching teams
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent written and communications skills, particularly with presenting and training
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
Ability to travel up to 40% domestically and up to 20% internationally
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.