Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Product Manager - Raman Spectroscopy in Madison, Wisconsin
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position drives the growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s line of laboratory Raman spectrometers. Working with customers, sales channels, R&D and commercial marketing, this role is responsible for growing sales of current products and defining the direction of future products that serve the needs of academic and industrial customers across the globe. Responsibilities include leading key aspects of product lifecycle management including product ideation, development and commercialization.
· Meet Annual Operating Plan (AOP) objectives for Raman product line
· Develop and implement business strategy for Raman portfolio
· Create, manage, and monitor business plans and product roadmaps for new and existing products
· Develop a thorough knowledge of end customer segments, including Materials Science
· Conduct market research and assess competitive landscape
· Understand customer needs, with focus on Materials Science Research, perform voice of customer (VOC), and define product requirements with corresponding business or financial justification
· Understand, lead and be accountable for business aspects of Product Development Process (PDP) for new products
· Develop the global go-to-market strategy for new products including product positioning and pricing for the target segments
· Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products
· Develop pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
· Analyze, interpret and report out market and channel trends and product sales activities to senior management or other business partners
· Track and analyze financial performance of Raman portfolio. Identify and drive corrective actions where necessary
· Champion the Raman product line with global commercial channels and support sales activities, including direct interaction with customers
· Interface with external Key Opinion Leaders to maximize the understanding of applications, opportunities and demands for defined products
· Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
· Detail oriented, analytical, and data driven
· Ability to build relationships across different business functions and business units
· A demonstrated leader through influence with strong negotiation skills
· Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty
· Passionate about challenges, problem solving, and learning new things
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency, optimism and a “can do” attitude
· Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
· Ability to present to all levels of an organization internally and externally
· Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related scientific discipline required;
· PhD preferred;
· MBA preferred;
· 5+ years of Product Management experience;
· Technical proficiency with Raman spectroscopy required;
· Track record of success in launching scientifically based products and services for global market;
· Demonstrated ability to develop business cases, customer and product requirements for strategic and/or complex products, soliciting and integrating Voice of Customer input
· Demonstrated experience successfully managing product lines, pricing, and forecasting
· Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends, and competitors
· Experience with validated and regulated markets is a plus
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
· Works in an office environment. 30% travel (domestic and international) is required on periodic basis.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.