KeyBank Specialist V in Manchester, Connecticut
This is a senior position to support a highly performing, multi-process work team in completion of loan servicing tasks related to loan origination, including loan booking, document preparation, and document review. The person filling this position will adhere to service levels, quality goals and department procedures. The position will provide quality customer service to customers while continually practicing the essentials of the Key Values.
Essential Job Function:
• Prepare loan documentation through the automated documentation preparation system accurately and timely, ensuring service levels are adhered to.
• Answer customer’s basic questions and inquiries.
• Prioritize work for self and team.
• Be committed to continuous improvement.
• Effective use of on-line queues to ensure timely processing of tasks.
• Ability to work in on-line imaged enabled work queues.
• Effective utilization of dual monitor environment.
• Support of virtual team environment.
• Accurate identification and indexing of task related documents.
• Cross-site partnering. Best practice sharing.
• Research requests to a correct conclusion and effectively communicate the results.
• Attend and participate in documentation and booking classes.
• Able to identify simple contradictions in documentation/booking requests and seek resolution from RM and/or Credit Officer.
• Facilitates simple validation of borrowing entity.
• Apply basic accounting principles.
• Consult with internal client(s) and be able to apply discretionary judgment to accommodate documentation and booking inquiries.
• Act as team champion to assist team members.
• Review and book the most complex loans, which include all restructured and non-performing assets.
• Understand and translate complex loan booking instructions.
• Partner with LOB and other operational areas to reach common goals.
• Build a network of internal/external resources to help achieve his/her goals.
• Take an active approach with clients in Sales and Credit Administration areas toward problem resolution.
• Act as Trusted Advisor with internal clients.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of legal rules.
• Takes a leadership role in Loan Services, displaying a positive and motivating attitude.
• Participates in evaluating workflow to maximize productivity.
• Proactive in identifying process improvements to continually improve customer relations and satisfaction.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make basic judgments and decisions.
• Good understanding of loan documentation and regulations relating to loans, as well as knowledge/experience of the loan accounting systems, monetary processing and some system maintenance functions.
• Proven strong customer service skills and work ethic.
• Proven analytical skills.
• Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment.
• Expertise on accounting systems.
• Advanced knowledge of commercial loan documentation.
• Advanced knowledge of loan booking systems (commercial loan accounting system, as well as ancillary systems that provide support to commercial loans).
• Knowledge of commercial/consumer credit policies, products and compliance regulations.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Fully embraces the high performing team concepts of empowerment, mutual success and accountability.
• Completed Level II learning plan.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of legal rules.
• Ability to perform and participate in process and product projects.
System proficiency preferred:
Laser Pro Lending, AutoLoan Booking, Doc Log, Windows and MS Office Products (Word, Excel), Lotus Notes, CLS, Hogan, ALS Negotiable Collateral Database, KeyNet/Key for Business/Key Bulletins, Basic internet comprehension, Credit Write-Up Approval (CWA) on RMW platform, Small Business Underwriting (SBU), CRINT (Credit Interface with CWA and SBU), Obligor Database
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Technology and Operations (KTO) is Key Bank’s shared services organization for technology, operational, and servicing functions supporting business partners and clients across all lines of business. Within the overall organization, KTO provides efficient, reliable and secure technology; creates an effective variable cost technology delivery model that maximizes the return on IT spend; orchestrates the efficient use of corporate information and technology assets; and supports innovation that creates competitive distinction. KTO is effective and efficient in payment and deposit servicing, loan servicing, exception and dispute processing, investment and support services, sourcing and procurement, as well as enterprise-wide fraud prevention, investigations and operational support to human resources and the Bank’s BSA/AML program.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.