AECOM Senior Landscape Architect in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157226BR
Position Title Senior Landscape Architect
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Environment
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Greater Manchester
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM has a vacancy for a Senior Landscape Architect with good written/design skills, preferably with experience of delivery of design and assessment projects and the ability to manage other in the project team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a team with a ready-made workload and be involved in ensuring its delivery from initial planning through to final completion. The role will involve a wide range of planning, design, and construction projects, including on the ground delivery of HLF Stage 2 works. There will be some landscape assessment of large scale infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will join a well-established team and be part of a wider national team of mostly chartered landscape architects delivering to quality, time and budget. You will be offered support to expand your experience and develop within a structured, friendly team environment.
Nationally our Landscape Architecture team comprises some 102 staff and provides one-stop access to a variety of services. The Manchester team office has an established track record of successfully delivering landscape design schemes throughout the country from assessment through to detail design and delivery. We are now looking to enhance and grow this team with individuals with a sound technical background in design that share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team provides services ranging from feasibility studies, landscape and visual impact assessment, detailed design and construction on a wide range of contracts for external and internal facing AECOM business lines. Our Manchester team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients.
Our clients are from the private and public sector and our leading UK clients include the University of Salford, University of Cyprus, Leicester City Council, HCA, HS2, numerous Local Authorities, as well as leading contractors and developers.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national infrastructure improvements for major clients. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
• HLF projects at Rivington Park, Victoria Park, Headstone Manor, Grosvenor Park and Quarry Bank Mill.
• HS2 Independent Assessor of Plant Material : ongoing inspection/monitoring and quality assurance for large numbers of native plants for the HS2 Phase 1 project
• HS2 Phase 1 – West Midlands metropolitan section assessment and mitigation design
• Leicester flood conveyance design and implementation on multiple sites within the city centre
• M54/M6 landscape and visual impact assessment for a new highway
• LVIA of numerous development types – from minerals to retail.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – Provide as much detail as possible. What will the individual do on a day to day basis? Use bullet points / numbers. Below is the AECOM generic JD with a few tweaks but you can add / delete as is appropriate.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order to:
• Design innovative and exciting landscape led designs for public realm and infrastructure projects
• Manage site survey work and the baseline/assessment which will follow on from them
• Manage landscape construction contracts
• Research, writing and assembly of LVIAs
• Developing mitigation strategy and design solutions to reduce landscape and visual effects from new infrastructure.
• Demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety compliance and prepare and review risk assessments
• You will have a flexible approach to supporting the existing team in Manchester.
• Provide a point of contact internally and externally for existing and new clients and to represent AECOM at multi-disciplinary meetings.
• You will have good technical and communication skills ideally with experience of organizing and delivering complex design solutions and LVIAs.
• Evidence of ability to work in a large team and plan and manage the workload of others.
• Driving licence essential
• You will be able to demonstrate experience or understanding of Health and Safety compliance and review and approve risk assessments.
• Good photoshop, ACAD and word skills as well as attention to detail and compliance with file naming and filing conventions.
• Understanding and experience of BIM desirable.
• Ability to make judgments based on site survey, analysis of development proposals and justify conclusions on likely effects and appropriate mitigation.
• You will have a relevant degree and a post graduate qualification. You will be a Chartered member of the Landscape Institute
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.