Frontier Communications Local Manager in MARTINSBURG, West Virginia
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Scope & Responsibilities
Summary of Position Frontier’s leadership team will bring to life our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and the Frontier leadership model will allow us to exceed our market growth targets and delivery 100% employee and customer satisfaction.
This position will represent the company within the geographic area to promote a positive image by and will provide leadership to supervisory staff and a workforce of field technicians that install and maintain both residential and business lines, OSP cable facilities, multi-line CPE equipment, hi-cap access services, broadband services, central office/transmission equipment and digital loop carrier equipment.
*Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to: *
- Meeting service activation and repair commitment dates, maintaining revenue and expense budget objectives and promotion of new and existing company products. This position also plays a key support role with sales, marketing and regulatory organizations in evaluating new business opportunities to determine the appropriate network support costs and timeframes associated with new revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Operations Proficiency:
Has solid understanding of the business/department and is able to pull P&L;/budget levers to ensure revenue goals and expense targets are met (i.e., able to manage departmental P&L;/budget)
- Able to articulate business/departmental goals to work groups (i.e., can clearly set goals/objectives to positively impact the P&L;/budget).
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete bi-annual employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work place.
- Partners with regional marketing to act as the “eyes” and “ears” of the local market to ensure an appropriate competitive response.
- Serve as a point person of Frontier to the community.
- Responds to issues identified on Customer Surveys, works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans.
- 5+ years of prior supervisory experience
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and various community leaders to establish relationships and to assist with problem resolution
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Knowledge of engineering, plant service center and outside plant functions.
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Advance knowledge of plant service center, central office and outside plant functions, HSI/ DSL installation and repair experience.
- Must possess basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance and testing of central offices as well as FTTH and data networking
- Must be able to perform complex hardware/software research and provide first level technical support
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Training/ Education Required:
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Previous experience as an installer or first level telecom is preferred.
Job Location: MARTINSBURG, West Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 319065-798