HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Ortho FT - Nights in McKinney, Texas
Registered Nurse / RN Ortho /Orthopedics *Surgical Trauma Unit * Work Schedule: FT Nights
Medical City McKinneyis a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
The*Ortho *RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Must have a minimum of one year recent experience in Orthopedics in a hospital environment
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Title: Registered Nurse Ortho FT - Nights
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical Center of McKinney - McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-92584