HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Seasonal - PCU in McKinney, Texas
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
· We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
· We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
· We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
· We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
Paid Time Off
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Recognition Programs
Discounted tickets at many local attractions
Discounts to various retail stores and more….
RN / Registered Nurse *
Seasonal Position for: PCU (Progressive Care Unit) *
Seasonal Program Runs October 1st, 2017 - May 12th, 2018 *
Completion Bonus:Paid after the successful completion of 16 weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period.
Work Schedule: PRN (must be flexible). * All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
The Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse performs direct adolescent, adult and geriatric patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
· Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
· Maintain a safe and therapeutic Telemetry / Progressive Care environment.
· Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual PCU/Telemetry patients.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
· Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
· Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
· Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
· Promote a supportive PCU/Telemetry environment.
· Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse externs.
· Maintain high quality [age specific] care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
· Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. High School graduate or GEDrequired .
Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will berequired .
Hospital/InpatientAcute Care experiencewithin the last 2 yearsrequired .
- Experience with cardiovascular/telemetry patients/highly preferred/.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - Seasonal - PCU
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-95099